NPI list of 3 physical therapist registered providers with a business address in Brookston, IN of which 1 are registered as organizations and 2 as individuals. Physical therapists (PTs) are licensed health care professionals who diagnose and treat individuals of all ages, from newborns to the very oldest, who have medical problems or other health-related conditions that limit their abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives. PTs examine each individual and develop a plan using treatment techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. In addition, PTs work with individuals to prevent the loss of mobility before it occurs by developing fitness- and wellness-oriented programs for healthier and more active lifestyles. PTs:
- Diagnose and manage movement dysfunction and enhance physical and functional abilities.
- Restore, maintain, and promote not only optimal physical function but optimal wellness and fitness and optimal quality of life as it relates to movement and health.
- Prevent the onset, symptoms, and progression of impairments, functional limitations, and disabilities that may result from diseases, disorders, conditions, or injuries.
- Treat conditions of the musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiovascular, pulmonary, and/or integumentary systems.
- Address the negative effects attributable to unique personal and environmental factors as they relate to human performance.
PTs provide care for people in a variety of settings, including hospitals, private practices, outpatient clinics, home health agencies, schools, sports and fitness facilities, work settings, and nursing homes. State licensure is required in each state in which a PT practices.
| 1023064805||THERAPEUTIC INNOVATIONS INC||Organization||Physical Therapist||111 W THIRD ST |
BROOKSTON, IN 47623
| 1750648762||TAMMY LOUISE TAYLOR-WALDEN||Individual||Physical Therapist||10281 S WILDWOOD CT |
BROOKSTON, IN 47923
| 1932238615||DIANNE SUE TALBOT||Individual||Physical Therapist||111 WEST THIRD ST. |
BROOKSTON, IN 47923
- Participating providers are registered with Medicare and accept claims assignment. Taking claims assignment means the provider accepts Medicare's approved amount for the cost of rendered services as full payment. Participating providers may not charge Medicare beneficiaries more than Medicare's approved amount for their services. Medicare beneficiaries still have to pay a coinsurance or co-payment amount for a visit or service.
- Non-Participating providers do not agree to take Medicare claims assignment. If you are a Medicare beneficiary this means the provider can charge up to 15% more than Medicare's approved amount for the cost of rendered services, in addition to your normal deductible and coinsurance costs. There are some states that restrict the limiting charge when you see non-participating provider. If you pay the full cost of your care up front, your non- participating provider should still submit a claim to Medicare. Afterward, you should receive reimbursement from Medicare for up 80% of the Medicare-approved amount for the services rendered.
- Opt-out providers signed an affidavit to be excluded from the Medicare program. If you are a Medicare beneficiary this means a provider can charge whatever they want for services rendered but must follow certain rules to do so.
What is PECOS?
PECOS is Medicare's enrollment and revalidation system and it is the primary source of information about verified Medicare professionals eligible to order or refer healthcare services for Medicare patients.